Monday, April 13, 2009

15 Weeks, 28 lbs.




Mein Liebchen.

This wall comes to the top of my thigh.  I am 5'5".



He is soooo shiny. 


Not his most flattering side, but I wanted some furniture in the shot for growth comparison


Its good to be King.  The King has lots of toys.


Is this not the most precious face.  We have been working on "watch me" for obedience class.
He is quite mobile now.  Can go up and DOWN the stairs by himself.  Can get up on the couch without assist.  He really has to work at it and it is really funny to watch.  He has no idea how to jump, or if it is even possible to get all four feet off the floor at once.   We have been taking daily walks for 30-45 min.  He still doesn't like the gentle leader, but I won't use a collar.  I tried it once and he pulled and tugged the whole time.  Then he coughed and gagged for 2 days after.  

I talked to his breeder-mama today and Bertie will be getting a baby sister around the end of September.  I feel bad that he has noone to play with.  The cats are not really playing as much as trying to kill him, but he doesn't know that yet.  And hopefully by then he won't need the constant reminders to behave and not destroy.  He will also be neutered.  I am getting a silver (AKC calls them dilute chocolate).  It looks like a super shiny beige.  You can check them out on the website, www.ellendalelabradors.com.  Zoey and Jack will be the mom and dad again, so she will be a full blooded sister to Bertie.  Zoey is a silver.

1 comment:

kborn said...

he's getting sooo big! Do you really even realize it seeing him every day?

And that face is to die for! So cute!

Hope the weather will continue to keep up so you both don't die of dehydration on walks...good luck through the summer.