Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4 Months Old !!!!





Wow.  I am late getting Bertie's weekly update posted.  I don't think he got much taller in the last week, but he is definitely filling out.  Monday he weighed 30 lbs.  2 lbs per week seems to be his average growth rate.   He is still having a lot of problems in the evenings with bladder control.  Last night, he went out 4 times in 25 minutes and piddled on the floor twice.  I can't get anything done when he is out of his kennel.  I feel guilty because he does spend a lot of time kenneled.  

Our after work walks have fizzled out.  I am afraid he is gonna have a heat stroke and its only in the 80's.  The poor baby is just open mouth gasping and drooling copious amounts after 30 minutes.  I am working on getting moving earlier in the mornings to take him then. Unfortunately that isn't the best functional time for me.  Usually I get up about 1-1.5 hours before work to let him out and give him a chance to eat.  He is a very dainty eater.  Takes one morsel, walks away and eats it.  Then plays or farts around for a few minutes and the comes for another bite.  It takes him about an hour just to eat.   I am usually sitting on the couch mainlining coffee during this time.  I have been taking him out in the back yard and playing fetch with him over lunch for about 15 minutes.  His attention span doesn't support a greater length of time.  

Hopefully I can get him into doggy daycare a couple days a week starting next week.   Then he will get more activity as well as animal and people socialization.  We continue in obedience training.  He is so different there that it is hard to carry over the practice tasks at home.  His trainer actually referred to him as a mamma's boy last week.  He is so nervous around other people that he just wants to hide next to me.  Although, the last two classes he has made a couple new puppy friends and had a wonderful time playing and rough housing with them.

1 comment:

kborn said...

He's cute...and getting so big! I love the entertainment center.

I'll be back on WOW one of these days...my parents are in town until Saturday afternoon. It's been busy. :)