Monday, May 18, 2009

20 WEEKS OLD TODAY


I have been remiss in Bertie's updates.  As you can see he is getting to be quite the big boy.  He weighs over 40 lbs.


Poor baby is soooo exhausted after a day at doggy daycare.

And what a smart boy.  He is doing very well in obedience class.  He doesn't know it yet, but his Birthday present is a neutering.  He goes to the vet for neutering on Wednesday.  High time.  He is starting to act like a boy,  wants to pee on everything.

God I just love this face.  I think I am screwed on his coloring though.  In person, you can tell he is a gun-metal grey color, but in pictures he looks black.  And I don't think the silver is gonna go away.  It isn't even fading.  When does their adult coat come in?  I think around 8-10 mo, but am not sure.  Any way, I love him too much to return him.  Will just start to say,"why, yes, he is a Rottie mix.  Yes, he is beautiful."  He is also the most loving, affectionate dog I have ever met.


My sweet pig is currently eating almost 5 cups of dog food a day.

We can't wait to get to Grandma and Grandpa's this weekend.  Bertie travels really well.  I recently bought him a extra thick big pillow to ride on in the back of the SUV.   I hope their big mean-a*@ cats don't traumatize him too much.  He really likes cats.  Keeps trying to get our old grumps to play.  Am looking forward to a couple stress free weeks.  It'll be nice to have grandparent dog watchers so I can read, knit, play WOW, or whatever, without having to keep him locked up or one eye glued to him at all times.  He isn't bad, but is genetically unable to resist Kleenex, paper towels, dish cloths or towels.  The cats will miss mama, but a small price to pay to be free of the interloper.  They like Connie, a friend of mine from BCBSTX, who cat sits while I am gone.

1 comment:

kborn said...

Wish I could be in Mn too...except for the cold and rain they've had. Don't forget your winter coat!! :)

Sure is a cute dog!