Tuesday, September 1, 2009

She is growing

She is getting so big. She was 11 wks old on Sunday. She is definitely the alpha between she and Bert. He picks her up by her collar like its a handle and carries her around like a dog-purse. He thinks she is the greatest thing since Bully Sticks.

She hates to go outside and will stand on the back step while Bertie and I play. If it is sunny, she finds shade and just huddles there. Like she will burst in flames if the sun touches her. This has been making potty training tough. She isn't doing to well. She will stay outside and play with Bert for 30 min and then come in and go on the floor. Like I said, a work in progress.

Bert LOVES her so much. He has a fit if I try to crate him or shut him outside to have some one on one time with her. She is in obedience class, but hasn't mastered anything yet. Bert's carrying on is very distracting for her. I will have to talk to the trainer about what I should be doing to help her get it.

She is definitely a trickster. Devious and diabolical. I am surprised her tail isn't forked. She has commanded Bert to dig up the yard and he is doing her bidding. And yes I know she has weird coloring on her legs too. I didn't know labs had this, but the breeder said it should go away when they get their adult coats, whenever that is. Bert is 8 mo, 3 wks and still just covered in the light colored fur. He is such a love, I would never give him up.

No comments: